Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Compete With Yourself

A lot of times I find myself in competition with my friends whether it be in school, cheer, or just life. While I believe competition can be healthy, competing with yourself is the best way to get better.  I can't let my friend getting her back tuck before me or my class mate getting a higher score on their essay bring me down.  I need to be happy for them, not jealous of them.  I need to compete with myself.  Each day my goal should be to be better than I was the day befoe.  Imagine what would happen if each day you were better than you were the day before.  You would be amazing right?  Instead of envying others, focus on yourself.  That's really something I'm going to start focusing on especially with me entering my senior year!  If I stay focused on my personal growth rather than the growth of others, I will progress much faster, be a better friend, and be a better leader.  Leaders live a life of progress while inspiring others to progress as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment